The Inaugural Paradise Grazing Festival
June 11 @ 8:00 am - 3:00 pm
The Inaugural Paradise Grazing Festival June 11, 2022
A community event supporting grazing on the ridge for wildfire safety
The Butte County Fire Safe Council (BCFSC), a non-profit community organization, would like to welcome you to The Inaugural Paradise Grazing Festival to be held at Terry Ashe Recreation Center in Paradise, CA.
This event will be hosted by the BCFSC and Paradise Recreation & Parks District.
We hope this event will become a staple in our community for many years to come as well as build positive energy and funding for our Grazing Program.
What, When and Where?
- 8-11am Breakfast – Paradise Community Park (Black Olive drive across from the BCFSC main office). While the goats will only be present from 8-9 am, breakfast will be available from 8-11am. Tickets $10 each
- 9-10am – Walking with the Goats – Paradise Community Park. For those interested, we will be walking with the goats up The Paradise Memorial Trailway where participants will be able to observe goats being loaded into a trailer after crossing Elliott Rd. The goats will then be unloaded at Terry Ashe Recreation Center to kick off the day’s festivities. Donations appreciated.
- 8am-3pm – Terry Ashe Recreation Center – Eating, Shopping and Learning with the Goats – We will be engaging vendors from all over the county, and beyond, offering their wares and other crafts. We will have live music, food, refreshments, and lots of educational information about wildfire preparedness, fuel reduction programs, reforestation efforts, biomass facilities, and of course Grazing on the Ridge. There will be many opportunities to mingle with the goats and have your picture taken with them.
- 11am-2pm – Kids with Goats – Family friendly petting zoo and kids’ activities, including guest appearance of Wildfire Ready Raccoon™.
Grazing is an important part of maintaining many of the fuel reduction projects made possible through the BCFSC using grant funding from many sources. Grants provide limited funding for grazing. It is vital that we are able to generate additional funding to enable grazing services anywhere that wildfire is a risk.
Join the Goat-Fund-Me Movement!
Click HERE to become a sponsor, make a donation, purchase tickets/items, or sign up for an activity.
The BCFSC is looking for partners, sponsors, vendors, volunteers, and donations to make this a wonderful community event!
Become a Sponsor with Advertising on our print and digital materials including our website and social media.
Donate on the day of the event or at www.buttefiresafe.net anytime to help support our program or for the following great items:
- Walk with the Goats ($5-$15 suggested donation)
- Paradise Grazing Festival T-shirt ($20) To view the T-shirt design, click HERE
- Pancake breakfast ($10)
Reserve a booth at Terry Ashe Park for the Grazing Festival
- Informational Table $40 ($20 for non-profit organizations)
- Craft Vendors $60
- Food Vendors $75 (plus a $100 refundable cleaning deposit)
Help us spread the word and RSVP to attend on our Facebook Event.
Because time is short and we want this be something that continues for many years to come, we are asking for your help and participation. Please let us know ASAP if you or your organization can help ensure the success of this years’ festival. To get involved please email email@example.com or call Jeff Gould at 530-520-2523.
Thank you in advance and we look forward to your partnership!
~The BCFSC Family~